"Waste of flesh!"
—Shuma-Gorath's victory quote and catchphrase.
Shuma-Gorath is essentially a rushdown character. He possesses a lot of air mobility which can be further increased with the use of Air Mystic Smash. His throws are unique, as they can replenish Red Health, making him a very enduring character. Shuma-Gorath is most suited to using an obscure rushdown strategy with recommended air and overhead attacks, with his medium air attack having a particularly long reach with a fast startup time and reasonable damage; it should be the staple of Shuma-Gorath's attacks while in the air.
In addition, his air "special" attack allows him to surprise any unwary grounded opponents, petrifying Shuma-Gorath and allowing him to quickly slam opponents with a ground-pound attack while in his stone form. While Shuma-Gorath has an air-dash, his Mystic Smash attack and any of it's variants allow him to quickly close distance quickly on an opponent while simultaneously inflicting damage.
Furthermore, if Shuma has managed to corner an opponent, his quick-deploying Devitalization command grab and his Leech Life throw can be put to good use, allowing Shuma to both assault an enemy with constant and instant command grabs, and exploit an opportunity to recover any lost red health in the process.
|α||Mystic Ray||Shot||Tilt Up||Hyper Mystic Ray|
|β||Mystic Stare||Shot||Front||Hyper Mystic Smash|
|γ||Mystic Smash||Direct||Tilt Down||Hyper Mystic Smash|
|Air Strange Gaze||+|
|Hyper Mystic Smash||+|
|Hyper Mystic Ray||+|
|Chaos Dimension (Level 3)||+|
Changes in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
- j.S. is now untechable, removed OTG property.
- For normal throws, not only health but Hyper Combo gauge is absorbed as well (decreases the opponent's and adds it to the player's side).
- Devitalization comes out faster, and also has had its range increased, and can be followed up with an OTG attack.
- Number of hits in Chaos Dimension can be increased through rapid button presses.
- Number of hits in Hyper Mystic Smash can be increased through rapid button presses.
- Increased priority of Mystic Smash.
Shuma-Gorath's theme is a techno remix of his classic theme from Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter.