Saotome Cyclone (サオトメサイクロン, Saotome Saikuron), localized as Great Cyclone in the English version of Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes is one of Jin Saotome's Hyper Combos.
A stronger version of Saotome Typhoon. Jin creates a big flaming cyclone which only needs to hit once to do full damage as it counts as a blockable grab; if hits, it causes the opponent to get stuck on the giant tornado as it carries them into the sky at a high height; landing it or missing with it will have Jin enter a brief recovery state which makes it a bit difficult to follow up from and allows him to easily get punished.
However, this is Jin's most powerful Hyper Combo, especially in Marvel vs. Capcom 2 where it receives a massive damage buff. It also it covers the whole vertical portion of the screen.
- A great punishing tool for anyone with a command air attack, such as Wolverine.
- Hulk's Gamma Crush can be punished with this move, but only in the right timing.
- Using this in a combination such as a Crossover/Variable Combination may lead to Jin stealing hits away from his team members' other Hyper Combos, resulting into missed damage opportunity. On the other hand, the move is a potent DHC punisher in the right timing.
- In the original Japanese version of the first Marvel vs. Capcom, Jin yells out the move's name with his surname included ("Saotome....Saikuron!"). However, due to being localized differently in the non-Asian versions, Jin's line is also changed ("Hissatsu....Saikuron!"; "Certain-Finish....Cyclone!").
- The graphics for the move if one looks closely, are merely multiple Saotome Typhoons stacked on top of one another.