Ruby Heart is a french-speaking pirate captain with a prominent reputation across all seven seas. Traveling across the world with her crew onboard a flying ship known as "Partenaire" (French for "partner"; mistranslated as "Pare-Tonn're" in English, a misspelling of the French word for "lightning rod"), she's always on the lookout for objects with hidden magical powers to add to her personal collection. In battle, she can be seen manipulating several of these objects, which includes a water-manipulating book and a haunted chest containing hostile ghosts. She's also good at hand-to-hand combat and employs weapons like anchors, sabers and a whip.
While seeking out a way to steal the fabled "Armor of Erosion" from ancient times, Ruby Heart sees herself involved in the crisis brought about by Abyss' awakening and its devastating effects on the land. Unable to defeat Abyss alone, Ruby assembles the strongest heroes from the Marvel and Capcom universes. After Abyss' defeat, the heroes take a travel back on Ruby's ship, as she inspects Abyss's core, its true form. She briefly contemplates adding it to her collection, but seeing it has been cracked and is now devoid of power, she finds it worthless and cast it into the seas below.
- Schwarzaile (シュバルツェール Shubarutsēru, see Trivia for possible meanings) - Energy surrounds her body, forming an energy ball that hits multiple times. The attack can be controlled depending on the direction pressed. The direction of the attack can be changed up to two times. (Can also be done in the air.)
- Sublimation (シュプリマシオン Shupurimashion) - Ruby Heart takes a book and shoots a column of water from the ground. The distance depends on what kick button is pressed.
- Fantôme (ファントゥーム Fantūmu, "Phantom" in French) - Ruby summons a treasure chest next to her. After a bit a ghost pops out and heads toward the opponent. If the ghost successfully grabs the opponent it will start to drain their hyper meter.Half a bar will be depleted, after that it will drift away.
- Rafale Cannon (ラファールカノン Rafārukanon, "Burst Cannon" in French) - Ruby Heart throws an anchor at the opponent, if it connects she will pull her opponent towards her and shoot them out of a cannon. Light Punch will shoot the anchor straight across, while the Hard Punch will shoot diagonally up-right.
|β||Capture||Rafale Cannon||Schwarzaile||Mille Fantomes|
|γ||Enhanced||Power-Up Orb||Sublimation||Flan Mer|
- Flan Mer (フランメール Furanmēru, posibly a misspelling of Franc Mer, "Free Sea" in French) - An upgraded version of Schwarzaile. Ruby Heart can change directions of the attack four times. The attack is controlled depending on what direction is pressed. (Can also be done in the air)
- Partenaire (パルトネール Parutonēru, "Partner" in French, misnamed as Partnaile and Pare-Tonn're in some sources) - Ruby Heart rams her opponent with her ship. If the ship connects it will start attacking by shooting cannonballs at them. Initial contact is required in order for the ship to attack with the cannons.
- Mille Fantôme (ミルファントゥーム Miru Fantūmu, "Thousand Phantoms" in French) - An upgraded version of Fantôme. Ruby Heart summons a chest, and after some time multiple ghost pops out. Long start up time and cannot move for the duration of the attack.
- Tour de Magie (トゥール・ド・マジ Tūru do Maji, "Trick of Magic" in French) - One of Ruby Heart's men drops a barrel on top of her opponent's head, causing them to be trapped in the barrel. If it connects she will start to throw blades at them. The more blades successfully thrown the more damage the attack will do. The blades thrown are depended on what button is pressed. Pressing the wrong button will end the hyper combo.
- Ruby Heart's special move "Schwarzaile" has several possible translations, including a misspelt of the German word "Schwarzerle" (black alder), the mixed German/French "Schwarz Aile" (Black Wing) or the French "Cheval Selle" (Horse Saddle). There's some support for the last one since the first part of the move's name (シュバル) is used in the name of the Cheval-Osaka club and the French-themed Restaurant Cheval.
- Ruby Heart's 4th Hyper Combo, "Tour de Magie", is based on a popular children's game known as "Pop-up Pirate", which originated in Japan in 1975.
- Capcom's community manager Seth Killian stated in a PAX West convention stream that Ruby Heart was a rejected concept character of the Darkstalkers series. Reportedly, producer Yoshinori Ono also confirmed this in an interview.
- Ruby Heart appears as a character card in SNK vs. Capcom: Card Fighters 2 and Card Fighters DS.
- Ruby Heart was slated to appear in a Capcom social mobile game titled Dai Koukai Frontier as one of the main characters. The game was intended to release in February 2014, but it was delayed to increase its quality and since then no new information has surfaced.
- A character inspired by Ruby Heart, simply named Ruby, was revealed in the Street Fighter V encyclopedia site as a character in the series' backstory. She's from Norway and the youngest sister in a family of sailors, all of which are adapted from characters in Capcom's 1984 puzzle game Pirate Ship Higemaru.