40,000 per Satellite
Ouroboros is one of Strider Hiryu's level 3 Hyper Combos, as well the most powerful Hyper Combo boost in all the Marvel vs. Capcom series. Strider summons two small satellites which revolve around him for a limited amount of time, and fire projectiles with any attack button.
This was originally Level 1 in the previous games, and the rings shoot faster and stronger than the previous, but no longer inflict chip damage.
- Ouroboros has been turned into a level 3 Hyper Combo in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3. This is because it is the most powerful boost in any game of the Marvel vs. Capcom series if used effectively, in that it can shoot long range while pressing an attack and still be able to attack regularly. It was thus retweaked like so for balance purposes.
- The ancient symbol of Ouroboros is that of a snake eating its own tail. It is a sign of infinity, and of the end also being the beginning. This is fitting for Strider Hiryu, as the end of one mission means the start of another.
- This also applies to the move's visual representation, via two satelites circling around Hiryu during the attack.
- In Marvel vs. Capcom 2, if you combine Strider Hiryu's Ouroboros, with Dr. Doom's Molecular Shield (B-Type Rocks) Assist, you can trap your opponent and create a window for chipping almost an entire team. This trap duo combined with Sentinel creates Team Clockw0rk, one of the best teams in all of Marvel vs. Capcom 2.
- However, due to Ouroboros' loss of chip damage in Ultimate, the formation is seemingly less effective than before.